A Christmas Carol: Wide margin annotation edition (Annotation Editions)

£2.25
FREE Shipping

RRP: £4.50
Price: £2.25
£2.25 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

He should've been more charitable, more merciful, patient and kind (the opposite of what Scrooge had been described as so far). This scene marks the beginning of S's days as an avaricious, cold-hearted man, as he feels people have let him down and left him, where money has not. You have read and understand this Agreement and agree that it constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of the Agreement between us with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement. I help to support the establishments I have mentioned -- they cost enough; and those who are badly off must go there. Every time he resolved within himself, after mature inquiry that it was all a dream, his mind flew back again, like a strong spring released, to its first position, and presented the same problem to be worked all through, “Was it a dream or not?

These worksheets are designed to help GCSE English Literature students practise extract analysis/annotation in preparation for analysing a specific extract in the exam. He spoke so gently to me one dear night when I was going to bed, that I was not afraid to ask him once more if you might come home; and he said Yes, you should; and sent me in a coach to bring you.Accessing a CGP Online Edition by using a code from a printed CGP book grants you access to the title for three years from the date of activation of the code. D uses the metaphor of a "contract" to represent B and S's relationship, suggests that Belle feels their relationship more like work and also reflects the change that Scrooge has undergone, becoming more and more obsessed with money and business. It was a strange figure -- like a child: yet not so like a child as like an old man , viewed through some supernatural medium, which gave him the appearance of having receded from the view, and being diminished to a child’s proportions.

The opening establishes not just the friendship between Marley and Scrooge but also Scrooge's fundamental aloneness—it's not just that they are friends; they are each other's only friends. He did pause, with a moment’s irresolution, before he shut the door; and he did look cautiously behind it first , as if he half-expected to be terrified with the sight of Marley’s pigtail sticking out into the hall. Scrooge was not much in the habit of cracking jokes, nor did he feel, in his heart, by any means waggish then.For characters like Fred and Bob Cratchit, Christmas represents the Christian ideal of goodness and moral prosperity, but Scrooge is at his most miserly when Christmas is mentioned. Why, it isn’t possible,’ said Scrooge, ` that I can have slept through a whole day and far into another night. Use CGP Online Editions for your own personal use, including things like studying, classroom teaching, lesson planning and in-school training. Marley's ghost alerts Scrooge to his greatest misconception - that making money is more important than building friendships. reveals Scrooge's cold heart - he would rather see the poor people die than give them some money to help, he is frigid and selfish.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop